Userpic

georgy
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hi,

Our parish (about 20 of us, mostly youth up to 25 years) is planning to go to Berlin (Taizé) , from 28.12.2011. to 01.01.2012.
So we were thinking that going by train might be cheaper than bus.
But, I'm unable to find any prices or details. I only found a promotion which enables going from Berlin to Zagreb for 39€ (which seems quite cheap), but I haven't found something similar in other direction :D

So, if anyone could help... around 20 of us (maybe more), mostly youth, we don't need 1st class, have to be in Berlin 28.12. and get back 1.1. (or 2.1.)

If details aren't availabe because it's too early, I'd be grateful for only approximate price (so we could know if we should continue to plan going via train).

Thanks in advance :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi!

Umm...as you are a large group I would strongly recommend to directly ask at the Croatian Railways for an offer. The price for this is hard to predict as we usually deal with much smaller groups of travellers. ;)
:arr: putnicki.prijevoz-reklamacije[at]hznet.hr

Anyway, the regular price for an international ticket should be ~195€ plus a possible reservation (strongly recommended and for such a large group possibly compulsory). But the price will be cheaper for the whole group - please ask directly at the HZ (Croatian Railways). :)

Flo 8)

Userpic

georgy
Traveller
1 comments

replied 12 years ago

Thank you for a very quick answer :)
Will ask them.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 12 years ago

you CAN only book/reserve maximum 3 months before travel. There is 1 more problem: ALl Euro-train times change by 11/12-and only when these are known can they book you. HZ=hrvatska zeleznice will be able to tell you about when. The 39€/single fare is very, very restricted-but as such possible, but for maybe only 2-3 people/day. HZ should be able to offer same from Zagreb.
But as flow already told, there will be many more secret group-fares, certainly for youth. if that is still cheaper as renting a bus for your group? maybe yes, maybe no. I have no idea what HR-buses for international hire would cost. You should ask that before-simply contact a few, or maybe via the Autobusni Kolodvor-there are also smaller buses, for 20-25 people.

Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 12 years ago

[quote]There is 1 more problem: ALl Euro-train times change by 11/12-and only when these are known can they book you. HZ=hrvatska zeleznice will be able to tell you about when.[/quote]

well, it's not true. you can reserve train which goes after 11/12 even before this date. however, the time of arrive and departure of train can be slightly different after this date but it should not be problem.

if you have some bigger group you should contact with the rail company and then they will explain everything, also when it's possible to buy the tickets.