Userpic

Family-tour
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 11 months ago

Guten Morgen,

wir (2 Erwachsene / 2 Teenager) haben ab 10.8.23 einen Interrail Global Pass für 4 Tage und möchten von Hamburg nach Beziers.
Den ersten Teil (Nachtzug Hamburg-Offenburg) haben wir bereits reserviert.

Jetzt wollte ich drei Monate vorher die TGV-Sitzplatzreservierung vornehmen, aber es ist nichts mehr verfügbar (weder über Offenburg noch über Strassbourg). Ich habe im Forum von dem begrenzten Kontingent für Interrail-Tickets gelesen und dass die DB keine TGV-Reservierungen mehr vornimmt.

Für die Rückfahrt 10 Tage später kann ich die Reservierung ja in Frankreich am Schalter vornehmen. Aber was machen wir bei der Ankunft morgens um 6:37 Uhr in Offenbach mit einer Weiterfahrt am selben Tag (in der nächsten Stunde)?

Wir sind mittlerweile etwas nervös und sind Euch sehr dankbar für Eure Tipps und Erfahrungen.

Viele Grüße aus Hamburg
Maeve von der Family-Tour

Good morning,

we (2 adults / 2 teenagers) have an Interrail Global Pass for 4 days from 10.8.23 and would like to travel from Hamburg to Beziers.
We have already booked the first part (night train Hamburg-Offenburg).

Now I wanted to make the TGV seat reservation three months in advance, but nothing is available anymore (neither via Offenburg nor via Strassbourg). I read in the forum about the limited contingent for Interrail tickets and that DB no longer makes TGV reservations.

For the return journey 10 days later, I can make the reservation at the ticket office in France. But what do we do when we arrive in Offenbach at 6:37 in the morning with an onward journey on the same day (in the next hour)?

We are a bit nervous by now and are very grateful for your tips and experiences.

Many greetings from Hamburg
Maeve from the Family Tour

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
910 comments

replied 11 months ago

Which part of the night train to Offenburg is your reservation for? the train number is shown on the reservation - 60471 runs to DB IC rules so reservation is not compulsory and your pass is valid beyond Offenburg. If it is 471 when are in the öbb Nightjet section, I think the supplement you pay is the same at least as far as Basel SBB but ask the conductor - if you can't stay in that car simply move down to the front section of the train!

You can travel without reservations via Genf, it will be slow but interesting (if you can stay awake). There no direct trains from Basel but three choices with one change that will get you to Genf by 12:18 (latest). From there use regional trains TER changing at Lyon Part Dieu AND Avignon Centre. Arrive Beziers 20:36

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 11 months ago

Maybe the TGV can't be booked because 3 months is to early. "Not available" sometimes means "not available yet", because there are track works planned, where the schedule is not certain yet. Try again 2 months before. Or make a fake-booking till the payment fot a normal ticket. If that is also not possible than it has probably nothing to do with the Interrail contingent.

Userpic

Family-tour
Traveller
1 comments

replied 11 months ago

Thanks a lot for your answers .
Ist is good to know that we‘ll arrive in Beziers somehow…
I could make a reservation if we had a monthly card (for a great price).
Best regards
Maeve