Userpic

AverageInterrailLover
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 11 months ago

I am living in Germany and want to make one trip within Germany (Munich to Osnabrück) and, a week later, another trip from Germany to Italy (Rimini). Is that covered by the Interrailkarten global pass if Germany is my home country?

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
347 comments

replied 11 months ago

No , generally are only the in/outbound journey included (means the part from your home-country to another country and reverse) , but a normal ticket is not expensive (depend on the date you like to travell ) and are available from 27,90€ at bahn.de .

Userpic

AverageInterrailLover
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 months ago

Thanks for the response!
My normal ticket from Munich to Osnabrück would cost over 100€ tho, any way I can call the trip from Munich to Osnabrück going to the border or somehow call that the inbound trip?

Userpic

AverageInterrailLover
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 months ago

I tried it and it accepted my trip

Userpic

argon
Traveller
347 comments

replied 11 months ago

Cool , have a nice trip !

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 11 months ago

The fact that the app accepts the trip is no guarentee a conductor will. The app only look to the number of days, not whether a station is near a border or not. Only the conductor does that. However I think there is a airport near Osnabrück. That could count also as a border.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 11 months ago

Or Munich airport.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 11 months ago

Just put it in as going to Hengelo, NL (first stiop over border of B-AMS IC trains going via OS), and forget to use that later part.
The NEW style passeson mobile fone let you simply use 2 days out of the total ALSO in your home country-on old style paper passes this was all to be written and hence more easy to check. Conductors objecting I have only heard from the UK where fares are even more sky-high.
Note that in your case you do hve to find some way for the trip back from OS to M. Though on less busy days the overnight ICE-via K-F, can very often be found for 19 or 29 as Supersparpreis.