Userpic

tnogrady
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 13 years ago

This summer I'm going InterRailing with my mate for one month. I've never been InterRailing before so have no idea what size rucksack to take with me!

I've checked a fair few forums on the internet and the generally accepted size for one month seems to be 40-55L. If this is the correct size could someone point me towards a decent, yet affordable, rucksack? If not the correct size could someone tell me the correct size and then point me towards a decent rucksack?

Thank you,

Tom

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi Tom,

I\'ve been travelling since 2006 with a 60 litres backpack. It cost my around 160€ if I remember correctly. For me the size is perfect, I wouldnt take a bigger backpack with me due to size and weight. Best thing is to check different ones directly in a store to check how they fit your body.

The differences between the several manufacturers are not that big in my opinion.. ;)

Flo 8)

Userpic

KinoBackpacker
Traveller
2 comments

replied 13 years ago

I would suggest a 60L backpack,
because 60L are enough for pretty much any of your journeys and of course an one month interrail too!

more importantly check for backpacks with straps for sleeping bag/tent
or different pockets that can make your life easier
and finally and most importantly they way it fits your body...

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2469 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hey you :)

i dont know if you are still interested in an answer. i had/ have the same problem and in every shop they told me that 50 l. are totaly ok and enough for one month but i'm sceptical.... so at least i would be interested in which size you choose? And if you took 60 l. was it ok or too big/ too small/ too heavy

greetings
:D
Julie