Userpic

ninach
Traveller
15 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hello!

Last year my wife and I traveled InterRail and it was our best trip ever! This year we plan to travel with InterRail again and since this is my last year as a youth L, we would like to see everything that interests us! You may think our travel plan is too ambitious, but I really believe that we can make it happen! :)

Travel time 29.7.2011.-15.08.2011.

This is our plan. If something is wrong or there are trains that no longer exist, please
tell me. Also I have questions that will be set for certain
routes.

29.07.-Zagreb-Salzburg: 21:15 to 4:09 euronight 5eur reservation?
30.07.-Salzburg Hallstatt: 5:00 to 7:30 intercity / regionalzug reservations 0EUR
30.07.-Hallstatt Salzburg: 17:08 to 19:49 reginalzug / intercity 0EUR
30.07.-Salzburg-Villach :20:12-22: 46 EuroCity 0EUR
30.07.-Villach-Rome: 0:06 to 9:15 euronight 5eur reservation?
31.07.-Rome
1.8 .- Rome
2.8 .- Rome-Pompeii: 5:41 to 9:09 regionalzug 0EUR
2.8 .- Pompei-Napoli: 15:02 to 15:34 regionalzug 0EUR
2.8. Napoli
3.8 .- Napoli-Genoa: 21:08 to 5:50 intercity 3EUR night?
4.8 .- Genoa-Ventimiglia: 6:00 to 9:26 regionalzug 0EUR
4.8 .- Nice-Ventimiglia: 9:47 to 10:36 Regional Express 0EUR
Here is the first problem: how to get from Nice to Barcelona? Departure from Nice would
be around 3pm and the arrival to Barcelona should be on the 5th of August as early as possible. With the night train.
5.8 .- Barcelona
6.8 .- Barcelona-Madrid: 22:20 to 7:30 nacht-schnellzug - how much reservation?
Here is another problem: we need a train in the evening after 19:00 from Madrid to
Porto or Llisabon. We would prefer Porto. And a cheap fare.
7.8.Porto-Faro: 3:47 p.m. to 9:42 p.m. intercity 0EUR
7.8. Faro
8.8. Faro
9.8. Faro-Lisboa: 9:18am to 13:12pm intercity 0EUR
The third problem is here: We need a train that will take us from Lisboa
after 19:00 to arrive in Switzerland on the 12th of August. If it’s possible, a great
combination would be with the Petit train through the Pyrenees.

Next is the route in the case we go trough Paris: Paris-Andermatt-Switzerland-Zermatt-Zagreb
In the case we go from Switzerland: Switzerland - Andermatt-Zermatt-Zagreb

Please give us a hand with our planning. I know it’s a lot of questions but I hope you’ll
have patience with us :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

ninach
Traveller
15 comments

replied 13 years ago

Is it possible to combine this with Globall pass 10/22 ?

Start Zagreb. I would like to see Hallstatt=5 hour
Rome= 2day
Napoli=1day
Pompei=5hour
Barcelona=2day
Lisabon=1day
Faro=2day
Switzerland=2-3day and go back to Zagreb. This sequence is not necessarily

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi,

sorry for answering late! :os

An ambitious plan, but should be possible. I'm answering your first post now and have a look at the other later. There may be minor alterations in train timings, please check them again in the online schedule planner. If there are major alterations either to timings or reservations I'll mention it.

Zagreb - Salzburg: Reservation for seats should be free, 5€ reservation is optional.

Salzburg - Hallstatt: OK; pay attention that you will have to transfer with boat from the train station on the east shore of Hallstätter See to the town on the west. Timings and prices can be found here :arr: [u]http://www.hallstattschifffahrt.at/842b3955a6e8beb3ead6ae4c35468881/deutsch/fahrplan/index.html[/u] Services usually connect with trains.

Hallstatt - Salzburg - Villach: OK; better alternative to catch the night train would be:
Hallstatt 1852 - 1856 Obertraun
Obertraun 1930 - 2018 Stainach-Irdning
Stainach-Irdning 2021 - 2129 Leoben
Leoben 2140 - 0915 Roma
Seat reservation is 7€ for this night train, details can be found in the Austria country board

Roma - Pompei - Napoli is ok

Napoli - Genova 3€ optional (but recommended!) reservation for ICN train

Genova - Nice is ok

Nice - Barcelona: Well, this is a problem. There is no real possiblity to do this as you've planned. There is a connection via Montpellier and Figueres (1328 - 2245) but it includes TEOZ (3€), TGV (6€) and Alaris (6,50€). Another possibility would be to take the TEOZ at 1328 to Toulouse then go up to Latour de Carol and stay there somewhere for the night. Next morning you could head straight for Barcelona or take the Petit Train down to Villefranche and then continue to BCN - but you would then arrive in the afternoon.

BCN - Madrid night train is an Estrella, seat is 6,50€, couchette 18,60€

Madrid - Portugal: Only night train is the Lusitania to Lisboa :arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail/madrid-to-lisbon[/u]
Option to Porto: :arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/madrid-porto-night-train/f2270[/u]
In Portugal, both IC and AP have compulsory reservation, 4€ and 8€ respectively.

Portugal - Switzerland: Well, this is not so easy. :D

You can either go via

- Madrid: Night train Lisboa - Madrid :arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/lisbon-to-madrid[/u] then AVE (10€) to Barcelona, where you are then stuck. You can either wait until the evening to get the expensive Elipsos to Geneve and Zürich :arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/barcelona-geneva-bern-zurich-night-train/f1098[/u] or continue and make an overnight stop somewhere along the route

- Irun: Night train Lisboa - Irun :arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train/lisbon-hendaye-th-310/74[/u] then continue with TGV to Paris and finally TGV or normal train to Basel.

Switzerland - Zagreb: The Andermatt - Zermatt route is operated by MGB which is not included in InterRail. However, it grants a 50% discount (for <26 only, so count yourself lucky :D ). Better go from Zürich via Arth-Goldau along the famous Gotthard route to Göschenen, there change to the MGB service to Andermatt and change there to another MGB service to Disentis. There you change to the network of RhB which is included. It should be possible to make a round trip via Reichenau - Filisur - Samedan - Sagliains - Klosters - Landquart to finally catch the night train to Zagreb in Sargans

Flo 8)

Userpic

ninach
Traveller
15 comments

replied 12 years ago

Thanks a lot. Yet I still consider this. Yet this is perhaps a little too hard and too complicated. Maybe we'll throw portugal :(