Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hi everyone!
I've never done interrail and I need some advice. I'm gonna travel to Turkey next summer to take part in a voluntary project so I wanted to spend some time travelling around the country. As I'd have to take night trains, I'm not sure if the Interrail Pass works for them or do I have to pay a supplement to have a bed. Will I have to pay a supplement if I buy youth pass? And if I buy adult 1st class pass? I'm really stuck thinking of what can I do, and I can't find any information. Thank you for your help!

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 13 years ago

do NOT buy an IR for travel only in TR. BTW_your also omitted to tell us which nationality you have.
In TR the TCDD run the trians. There is a very limited network, many major cities do not even have trains, and the cost of local tickets is very low-much lower as IR.
there is an enormous and very extensive BUSnetwork-also for long distance, that can bring you anywhere. There is no national company, but metro-turizm is well known and has quality buses.

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 13 years ago

Thanks for your answer. I'm spanish, by the way ;)
I thought an IR one country pass may be useful just because it's really cheap (39-80 euros), but just if you can travel by night train with it.

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 13 years ago

I just saw your post about 1 month pass (TREN TUR KART: [u]https://rail.cc/en/turkey-1-month-train-pass/f6156[/u] ) and I will probably buy it. Do you know where can I buy it?

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 12 years ago

At the local Turkish stations.