Userpic

Moosie
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Apologies if a similar route has already been posted, but I had a search and couldn't find anything - and planning this is driving me nuts.

I'm travelling from London on 1st July and flying back on 28th July, and the route I currently have is as follows:

Amsterdam - Bruges - Prague (via Berlin or Frankfurt) - Cesky Krumlov - Vienna - Bled - Lake Bled - Ljubljana - Zagreb - Plitvice Lakes - Zagreb - Venice

I have a few questions; firstly whether this is the best route geographically and also whether it's possible within the time.

I've looked up train times and whatnot and have sketched out a rough plan:

2 nights in Amsterdam, 2 nights in Bruges,then either a train to Berlin or Frankfurt and an overnight stay before travelling to Prague. Then 3 nights in Prague, 2 nights in Cesky Krumlov, either 3 or 4 nights in Vienna - depending on a possible day trip to Bratislava, 1 night in Bled, 2 nights at Lake Bled, 2 nights in Lubljana, 2 nights in Zagreb, 2 nights at Plitvice Lakes, a bus back to Zagreb + a night train to Venice, then 3 nights in Venice.

I've never been travelling before and would appreciate any advice on possible alterations.

Thanks for all the help!

Follow this topic
Userpic

aliciaaaaaa
Traveller
7 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hey,

This sounds amazing! I havent been interrailing either, im planning my first trip for this year also, so im probably not the best person for advice. But it sounds like a perfect trip...though would you rather not spend longer in Berlin than one overnight stay? Id imagine theres more to do/see there than Prague, so maybe steal a night from Prague and stay longer in Berlin?

What you've mentioned though sounds very possible in a month, as long as you have enough money for all those nights then go for it!

Alicia

Userpic

Moosie
Traveller
1 comments

replied 12 years ago

I think I'm going to miss Berlin out altogether, cut a night from Prague and maybe Vienna and try to fit in Lake Garda if possible.

This trip is going to exhaust me!

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi!

If possible, I would start from Brugge instead of Amsterdam:

Brugge > Amsterdam (via Antwerpen, avoid the Thalys trains, detailed infos in the Belgium country board) > CNL night train to Praha (night train details in the Netherlands country board); dont miss out the beautiful Elbtal in the morning between Dresden and Praha!
Do the same route if you are going to Berlin, but then travel during the day Amsterdam - Berlin and Berlin - Praha.

The rest of the trip sounds good. Also, you wont need any additional reservations as far as I can see. Please just ask if you need more detailed help! :)

Flo 8)