Userpic

grf690
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hy..I'm from Portugal and this summer I pretend to go from London to Paris by Eurotrain, and after seeing the infos about this route I still have some doubts about which is the best way of having a safe trip..cause if I cant reserve it online..and since Im gonna do it in August which usually is a busy month...which would be the best way? Im gonna have a Interrail 22 days pass, so I pretend to get the special fare..

Regards

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
The Eurostar special fare isn't really a special fare. As it is EUR 70 one-way. :o
Maybe check the Eurostar website and buy a normal special offer - sometimes they are even cheaper than the InterRail discount.
Other option is to use the ferry - I will update the information within the next two weeks, as there is some confusion on how much the real fare is:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/ferry-london-paris-england-france/f1222[/u]
Peter :)

Userpic

sekkepipe
Traveller
2 comments

replied 12 years ago

€70? :!: eh-- that was much cheaper than i was able to get..

When i talked with their customer service their fixed price for interrailers of all ages was £81 (aprox. €100) paris-london.

and that was when ordering whole month in advance, and not avaiable to all departures. EXPENSIVE! :'( :o i will look at other options in a later event, but is cool enough for once.

Userpic

gancyboy
Traveller
14 comments

replied 12 years ago

hello all. maybe it isn't much of a help for the poster because he is probably doing the interrail in these days, but here it goes for the community. Past July, i did this same trip and paid 57 £ (make the conversion to euros) and i bought the ticket at the ST. Pancreas with 4 days in advance. By curiosity i asked the salesman what was the price without the discount for interrailers, and he said it was 112 £. That's a big discount. But you may consider using the ferry, because it is cheaper than that. The only advantage, and depends on whether this is important to you or not, is the time you save by crossing in train. the train takes almost 3 hours, and the boat plus train trips London-Dover and Calais-Paris takes maybe the triple. You must count as well with supplements in TGV (if used) from Calais to Paris.
Hope i could help, greetings

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
Interesting solution is as well the overnight-bus London-Paris. :)
[u]https://rail.cc/en/train/london-to-paris[/u]
Peter :)

Userpic

gancyboy
Traveller
14 comments

replied 12 years ago

Is there a Bus that crosses the channel????? I didn't know there were roads between france and England

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 12 years ago

The bus is using the ferry...