Userpic

Masema
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 10 months ago

Hello,

I’d like to travel by train from Lille (France) to Lisbon (Portugal).
Getting accross France is straightforward, TGV Inoui goes all the way to Hendaye (FR), which seems to be the best place to cross France- Spain border (correct me if i’m wrong). After that i was expecting a nice trip with night train Hendaye-Lisbon Trenhotel 313 Sud Expresso (TH 313), but it seems to be suspended since the pandemic.

What would be your advice to cross spain all the way to Lisbon?

Thanks!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

replied 10 months ago

TGV to Nimes (avoids station change in Paris) Barcelona-madrid-Badajoz-Entroncamento-Lisboa, or direct bus from Madrid.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
857 comments

replied 10 months ago

313 isn't just suspended, it's completely withdrawn and not coming back. Which means Hendaye is now a route to avoid if travelling to Lisbon. The route via Badajoz is the only rail alternative (unless you intend to visit the north west of Spain/north of Portugal) but only has two trains per day and you will probably need a hotel in Spain.

Userpic

Masema
Traveller
1 comments

replied 10 months ago

Thanks for those reply pals! That's what i feared, it will be much more complicated than previously estimated... "This little maneuver's gonna cost us 51 years"! I'll check the feasibility of this path in the time we have. Thanks again!