Userpic

alex0lok
Traveller
5 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hi

I want to ask if I am going to Zermatt from St. Gallen. I need to change trains for 2 times (at Zurich & Visp)
Do I need any supplements for Visp to Zermatt?

And also, from Zermatt going up to Govnergrat, do I need to pay extra?
Actually I want to get down at Rotenboden as the lake of Riffelsee is much recommended.

Many thanks,
Alex

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi Alex!

You are travelling with an InterRail pass, right? Is it a Youth (<26) pass)?

St Gallen - Zürich - Visp is fully covered by your InterRail pass. From Visp to Zermatt you will have to use MGB (Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn), they only grant a reduction for InterRail travellers (50%). The railway to Gornergrat is operated by GGB (Gornergratbahn). Like MGB, they offer a 50% discount for InterRailers (both MGB and GGB only offer this discount for the Youth passes, that's why I've asked before). You can get these discounted tickets at railway stations throughout Switzerland.

Visp - Zermatt: 17 CHF
Zermatt - Rotenboden: 17 CHF

Flo 8)

Userpic

alex0lok
Traveller
5 comments

replied 13 years ago

Thanks! Yes I am using a youth pass ;)

Userpic

alex0lok
Traveller
5 comments

replied 13 years ago

[quote]Hi Alex!

You are travelling with an InterRail pass, right? Is it a Youth (<26) pass)?

St Gallen - Zürich - Visp is fully covered by your InterRail pass. From Visp to Zermatt you will have to use MGB (Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn), they only grant a reduction for InterRail travellers (50%). The railway to Gornergrat is operated by GGB (Gornergratbahn). Like MGB, they offer a 50% discount for InterRailers (both MGB and GGB only offer this discount for the Youth passes, that's why I've asked before). You can get these discounted tickets at railway stations throughout Switzerland.

Visp - Zermatt: 17 CHF
Zermatt - Rotenboden: 17 CHF

Flo 8) [/quote]
Hei Flo sorry I got 1 more question to ask
Actually I also got the half-tax & track-7 card of SBB also, will the trips (Visp->Zermatt, Zermatt->Rotenboden) be the same price? (like if I use half-tax instead of my pass when I go there early in the morning)
And when I leave in the evening after 7, will track-7 card get me free transport from Rotenboden all the way back to Visp?

Many thanks

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi!

Halbtax gets you the same 50% discount for MGB and GGB as does your InterRail youth ticket. No difference there.

Track 7 is only valid for the Zermatt - Visp part (MGB), not for Rotenboden - Zermatt (GGB).

Flo 8)