Userpic

joaopedro
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hi guys,

I am planning to do an interrail with 3 other friends during 22 days. We are trying to plan our trip but don't really have any experience on this matter. We already have a route planned route which is: Amsterdam-Berlin-Krakow-Budapest-Belgrade-Zagreb-Ljubljana-Milan(just to catch plane back).
We were wondering whether it is too ambitious and whether we should take a city out.

As we have never done one before, we never understood whether we have to reserve any journeys in advance or whether we can do it all as we go. I was also wondering about how much in total I would spend in extra charges (approximately).

Any information about this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

Follow this topic
Userpic

gasparzinho
Traveller
20 comments

replied 13 years ago

[quote]Hi guys,

I am planning to do an interrail with 3 other friends during 22 days. We are trying to plan our trip but don't really have any experience on this matter. We already have a route planned route which is: Amsterdam-Berlin-Krakow-Budapest-Belgrade-Zagreb-Ljubljana-Milan(just to catch plane back).
We were wondering whether it is too ambitious and whether we should take a city out.

As we have never done one before, we never understood whether we have to reserve any journeys in advance or whether we can do it all as we go. I was also wondering about how much in total I would spend in extra charges (approximately).

Any information about this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks![/quote]
I think its doable. Last year I did +/- that route, but in the opposite way.
Whatch out the news about CP.I saw today on TV and a didn't like...

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi!

Your route is totally feasible in 22 days. No need to cut a city. :)

You wont need reservations for all routes. Only for night trains in case you want to use one. And if you decide to go Ljubljana - Milano the fastest way with a Eurostar train between Venezia and Milano you will have to pay 10€.

Flo 8)

Userpic

DonRamón
Traveller
2 comments

replied 13 years ago

Last summer, we took a similar trip: Amsterdam-Berlin-Budapest-Zagreb-Ljubliana-Venice-Milan in 16 days. So you won´t have any problem to visit Krakow and Belgrad in 22 days. The only train that we booked 3 days in advance was the berlin budapest.