Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 13 years ago

hey guys.
me and a friend are going to do interrail in september this years.
it will be mainly a tour from capital to capital.
so, to those who have been in this cities,
where are the moste beautiful and worth seeing places in paris, pisa, madrid, praha and warsaw?? because that are the cities next to rome or london or vienna which sights one know..

would be very nice if your would reply and give me some insider tips or something :D

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi!

This is what I can offer:

- Paris: Apart from the main sights (Tour Eiffel, Notre Dame, Centre Pompidou, Sacre Couer) you could do the following: Go to the terrace of big warehouse Galeries Lafayette or Printemps for free panorama view over the city; when vitisting Sacre Couer/Montmartre go down the hill on the northwestern side where not many tourists are around usually (Rue Cortot,...); Parc Montsouris in the south is quite nice; Rue de la Butte aux Cailles was nice but I do not know how touristy it has become during the last time I was there; I like Ile St Louis a lot; other classics are of course Marais and Quartier Latin,...

- Pisa: From what I've heard there is not really much to do except for the tower..

- Praha: I dont know any secret tips but you should go to the old town/castle definitely. The centre is quite compact so you can walk on foot to explore the city.

:arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/countries[/u]

Flo 8)

Userpic

Lordmwa
Traveller
117 comments

replied 13 years ago

In Paris the monparnasse tower is open for the very top floor and provides great views of the eifel tower and the rest of paris fairly cheaply. The palace of Versailles and the Louvre are free for under 26 EU citizens too if you like that sort of thing