Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hi!

I've been seeing the connections between certain cities in Transylvania (Sibiu, Sighişoara, Brasov, Sinaia) and they all are pretty good. However, I also would like to reach Curtea de Argeş but I did not find any connection by train at least. I think it has a train station - although this station would be a little far away from the town. So does anyone know if it's possible to reach Curtea de Argeş from Sibiu or another city near it?

Thank you in advance. Regards.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi!

Curtea de Arges is the terminus of the branch line from Pitesti. To get there by train from Sibiu is rather complicated. You could go to Ramnicu Valcea on the Sibiu - Caracal line and try to get to Curtea by bus from there (but I dont know when and if buses run). The direct connection by train would be as follows:

Sibiu 0638 - 1011 Piatra Olt
Piatra Olt 1327 - 1459 Pitesti
Pitesti 1514 - 1557 Curtea de Arges

You will need a reservation for all three trains, but it wont be expensive (speaking about some € in total).

Flo 8)

Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

replied 13 years ago

It's really hard to reach Curtea de Arges... Even more if you don't have so much time to spend (as it's in my case).

Thank you anyway! :)

(Flo, do you know how is Peter doing along his rail trip in Southernafrica? :D )

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 13 years ago

No problem. It's indeed hard to reach if you are not coming from Bucuresti.

I think Peter is doing fine...he'll return soon. ;)