Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hi!

Firstly, don't know if this is the right place to post this topic. I apologize if not.

I'm looking for a good connection so as to go from Athens to Delphi (early in the morning) and then from Delphi to Patras (I have to stay there at 18:00 in the evening). I don't know if there's a train connection... If not, does anyone know another kind of transport?
Really appreciate any helping.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi,

there is no train connection. You will have to go by bus...the network is supposed to be quite good but I unfortunately dont know much about that to help you. :|

Flo 8)

Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

replied 13 years ago

I was afraid about there was any connection by train...
I'll try looking for the bus option. Thank you, Flo :)

Userpic

baobab
Traveller
128 comments

replied 13 years ago

As flow said there is no train connection and even by bus would be a bit hard to leave Athens in the morning visit Delphi and be at Patra around 18.00.
You can't stay at Delphi or around? Will try to check bus schedule tomorrow..

Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

replied 13 years ago

No, I can't :| I must leave Greece this evening with the 18:00 ferry Patras-Bari. If there's not a possible bus connection then I'll spend this morning in Athens but I really would like to visit Delphi even I had just a few hours. So I appreciate any advice regarding buses.

Userpic

baobab
Traveller
128 comments

replied 13 years ago

[quote]No, I can't :| I must leave Greece this evening with the 18:00 ferry Patras-Bari. If there's not a possible bus connection then I'll spend this morning in Athens but I really would like to visit Delphi even I had just a few hours. So I appreciate any advice regarding buses.[/quote]

oke since you want to make it i found these..

Itineraries Delfi - Athina
[u]http://www.ktel-fokidas.gr/?module=default&pages_id=29&lang=en[/u]

Itineraries Delfi - Patra
[u]http://www.ktel-fokidas.gr/?module=default&pages_id=32&lang=en[/u]

so should take 7.30 bus from Athens and then 13.15 bus from Delphi.. and i guess won't have much time to spend at Delphi but hope you will make it..

Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

replied 13 years ago

Thank you so much for that. I'll tell you how it was :)