Userpic

Europabybike
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 11 months ago

Hallo together, is there any experience to travel with bicycle in Swedish trains? All I red was, that this is very difficult. I want to return from Stockholm to Berlin after traveling to Stockholm by bicycle. The best would be the night train to Berlin. But I would also take the train from Stockholm to Trelleborg and then the Ferry to Sassnitz.
1.000 thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
347 comments

replied 11 months ago

Is your Bike foldable (or something like this) or not ?

Userpic

argon
Traveller
347 comments

replied 11 months ago

And when is the date you´re like to travel ?

Userpic

Europabybike
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 months ago

Hallo, unfortunately our bikes ar not foldable. I Think the journey is to long for foldables.

Userpic

Europabybike
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 months ago

Our Journy back to Berlin should be on July 6. or 7. 2023

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
896 comments

replied 11 months ago

Bikes that do not fold (or are not disassembled) are not carried by main operator SJ (www.sj.se/en/travel-terms/luggage.html) or Snälltåget the private operator to Germany (www.snalltaget.se/en/faq)

Userpic

argon
Traveller
347 comments

replied 11 months ago

Then i would take the Trelleborg-Rostock Night Ferry and not the Trelleborg-Sassnitz Ferry because Sassnitz is a very small town with no good train connections , Rostock is simply better , unfortunately the direct IC didnt run but you can use IC 2175 until Berlin from there runs the EC 379 to Praha via Dresden . For the IC , EC and Ferry are Bicycle-Parking-Spaces available , the promleme is the Swedish part from STK to MLÖ . Skanetrafiken between MLÖ and TRB are problematic because gernerally they carry bicycles but you have no guarantee when there are Wheelchairs etc. . So for the STK - MLÖ part i would use Flixbus , they carry bicycles very limeted and no E-Bikes . So here is the complete Connection i would take (form 7 to 8 of July ) : 09:55 from Stockholm with Flixbus , arrival in Malmö 18:40 from there you take R1779 (Skanetrafiken) dep. 19:20 from MLÖ C arrival in Trelleborg 19:52 -> TT-Line to Rostock dep. 23:30 , arrival in Rostock Überseehafen 06:00 then you take Bus 49 dep. 06:47 until Lüttenklein and from there the S-Bahn to RST-Hbf -> IC 2175 dep. 08:21 to Berlin (arr. 10:23) -> EC 379 dep. 11:01 , you final reach Dresden at 13:07 at the main Station . Where i can book it and how much cost it ? (2 Adults with 2 Bikes) : Flixbus : Flixbus.de for 79,98€(only 3 seats left) , Skanetrafiken ( Bike carrying for free ) : sj.se/en/kop-resa for 126SEK , Ferry : tt-line.com for 116,00€ , Bus-Tickets and Bike-Tickets are available in the Bus for VVW-Conditions (they are also valid for S-Bahn ) , RST-Hbf to Dresden via Berlin : bahn.de for 79,80€ (Super Saver) . I hope i can help you ! Best regards !

Userpic

argon
Traveller
347 comments

replied 11 months ago

Costs at all : 298 € . Travel Time : 07th 09:55 to 08th 13:07 = 27h 12min