Userpic

agik86
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 13 years ago

hallo friends,

I have question regarding validation. Is it mandatory that we need to be present while validating? can I give my copy of passport to my friend and he validate my pass, because he tries to arrange everything to me.

In case that he may not validate my Pass, can I validate my ticket in Frankfurt airport or frankfurt main station?

thanks so much for your answer

regards,

Rahmat

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi Rahmat!

Which pass are you talking about? InterRail? You dont need to validate an InterRail pass after the purchase. When purchasing an InterRail (online or at a station) you need your passport as personal data (name, country, passport nr) are printed on the InterRail pass.
While travelling it is usually enough to show the InterRail pass only to the ticket inspector, but you have to show your passport too if asked. :)

Flo 8)

Userpic

agik86
Traveller
1 comments

replied 13 years ago

thank you, but If my family's ticket is eurail, do they have to be present also for validating? is it counter available in frankfurt main station or frankfurt airport? thanks

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi.
Do you mean Activation ?
To let your Eurail pass start!? :)
You can get your Eurail pass activated at the main station in Frankfurt or even at the airport station.
The best is to buy the Eurail pass online, for example via [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] - shipping is free.
Peter :)