Userpic

Jdavies41
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Heyy, we are three 18 year olds planning an interail trip early september for 3 weeks but were completely new to it all.

So far we've decided were going to aim for Rome and have booked flights home from there.

Working backwards we've kind of decided on two routes but were not really sure which would be best.

The above route mentioned in full would be..

Amsterdam - Brussels - Paris - Geneva - Interlaken - Zurich? (expensive!) - Milan - Florence + (Pisa) - Rome (flight back to sunny England)

OR the other option would be...

Amsterdam - Berlin - Prague - Vienna - Salzburg - Venice - Milan - Florence + (Pisa) - Rome

just concerned about the distances on this one, not sure we want to spend all the time on trains.

Wondering if anyone has opinions on which of these routes they would do if they've been and wheres cheapest. I know Switzerland is known for being expensive. Any comments what so ever welcome, alternative routes even - were fairly certain we want to go to Amsterdam and Rome. So anywhere in between really!!!

THANK YOU!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Lordmwa
Traveller
117 comments

replied 13 years ago

Having just done the reasearch for my trip in the summer it seems italy is incredibly expensive although we are not actually staying in Switzerland.

I personally think the second route offers more varience - some of the big distances such as amsterdam to berlin can be done by night train or part night train (admitedly though amsterdam to berlin is through to prague and so arrives i berlin at about half 4 :S)

There is also a night train from munich to venice. Salzburg is close enough to munich to be able to do that one. The rest should be ok.