Userpic

ollieg92
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hi, me and my mate are going to be in Prague in July and en route to Krakow we were thinking of stopping in either Brno or Ostrava. We're both 19 so the main thing is which city has the best night life, but in general, which is better?
Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 13 years ago

I'd say go to Ostrava as Brno is a little off the way to Krakow. Cant comment on the nightlife though. ;)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1340 comments

replied 12 years ago

OSt is CZ 2nd town. it is an ugly, mining+smelter very industrial town, though most of the former komunist era real dirt and bad air has disappeared.
brno is CZ's 3d town. it has a big uni-so there is student atmosfere.
Nightlife for 19yrs (as what I see alround only means swill as much beer as poss) and you can do that anywherein CZ at amazing low prices-even the smallest of villages. That Brno is alittle out of the way to krakow hardly amtetrs with an IR.
a better choice though would be OLOMOUC-on the route between Prahy and Ostravy (yes-the CZ also say town names different acc. to sentence), nice hostel, smallertown atmosfere, also big uni.

Userpic

marlenka
Traveller
7 comments

replied 12 years ago

In Ostrava there's a big nightlife. But Brno is a very nice city also. You can party in both places, but if you want to see a little more of the city centre and the area around, Brno is the better choice.

Userpic

marlenka
Traveller
7 comments

replied 12 years ago

[quote]on the route between Prahy and Ostravy (yes-the CZ also say town names different acc. to sentence)[/quote]

That's true, but not in normal enumerations. But if you want to say between Prague and Ostrava it would be 'mezi Prahou a Ostravou'.