Userpic

dani_9388
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hello

Me and my friend are going to fly from Berlin to Istanbul in one month, then we want to go to Budapest, but the flight cost 80 euros pro person, so we are going to take the train.

But in internet the information is a little bit confusing,
I know the train departs at 22:00
but we have to take 2 trains to get to Budapest?

if we have to take two maybe is better we stay in Sofia or Bucharest right? one night to know the city which one do you recommend?

were can i find exactly the time tables, and can i buy it online?

and we are two women so, many friends didn't like the idea we travel alone. I don't think would be a problem.

Follow this topic
Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 13 years ago

I would stop for a night in Belgrade, as you are quite likely to miss the connection. For one night it's the most lively when compared with Bucharest or Sofia. The timetable on [ux]https://rail.shop/bahn[/ux] will be right, but you can't book online. I think you can find prices for the first leg at least on the turkish railways webiste

Userpic

Robert_Antonio
Traveller
53 comments

replied 13 years ago

The night train from Belgrade to Budapest should wait for the train Istanbul-Belgrade, even if delayed, because of direct sleeper car Sofia-Belgrade-Budapest-Vienna.

The cheapest price combination is:
- normal ticket Istanbul-Belgrade (€ 48.40, buy at Istanbul station)
- reservation for 3-berth sleeper car Istanbul-Sofia (€ 10, buy at Istanbul station). In Sofia move to normal seat car, because you reach the section Sofia-Belgrade at daytime.
- Budapest Special ticket Belgrade-Budapest (€ 15, buy at Belgrade station)
- if you choose the night train to Budapest, the 6-berth couchette reservation costs € 16.40, buy at Belgrade station
If you are adventurous, in Istanbul buy only a ticket to Sofia (€19.60), in Sofia move to seat car and buy a domestic Bulgarian ticket to Serbian border at conductor (6.50 leva ~ €3.30). At counter at border station Dimitrovgrad buy a domestic Serbian ticket to Beograd (1088 dinars ~ €10). The train waits in Dimitrovgrad for 20 minutes to change the locomotive and train staff.