Userpic

Trano
Traveller
17 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hallo zusammen,
vielleicht hat jemand schon die Erfahrung gemacht und würde sie teilen, ich wäre sehr dankbar. Rentiert sich der Interrail-Pass in den Niederlanden, wenn man in Züdholland aufhält und dort sowie nach Nordholland Ausflüge macht und an einem Tag nach Belgien fährt? (Ein Erwachsener, ein Jugendlicher und ein Kind mit dem kostenlosen Interrail-Pass)
Vielen Dank im Voraus.

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1343 comments

replied 1 year ago

Misschien=maybe, vielleicht.
You did not say what type of pass- as there are global (incl trip from and back home) and 1-country-in this case 3 BeNeLUx and also not how many days. The math you really have to do yourself-plus that without full plan noone else could do that.
For the kid IN NL you can simply buy a ´railrunner´ for 2,50 at any machine. YOung: depends on age-but s/he, till 18, could, perhaps, with pateince and luck, get an online dayticket on the fone for 8€-NOT, never valid IN peak hrs-both am and pm.
On ns.nl it is dead easy to check fares for normal trips. To avoid the 1€ surcharge for tix from machine (not for that kid)- use your bank card for checkin+out-works now the same as that chipcard. But separate for anyone-and also separate such passes. This only for IN NL-for going to BE-again only off-peak, till 7 days before its cheaper to book online tix-price depends on how far in each country, via nsinternational

Userpic

Trano
Traveller
17 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thanks a lot, I think we are going without a an Interrail Pass because tickets for the children aren't expensive.
I have already installed NL ticket apps on my phone so that I could buy tickets online when we use trains/public transportation. Do you eventually know how it functions when I have three tickets on my phone, one phone and we are three persons: Are we supposed to check in through the train station door close together when I hold my phone on the machine? I haven't been to NL for ages that's why I am wondering.
Thank you very much for any information.