Userpic

GeorgeH
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm planning an inter rail trip and was wondering whether there is a night train linking Amsterdam and Hamburg?
Many thanks,

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi.

There is one direct night train, but it arrives very early in Hamburg - it is the one with final destination Copenhagen:

[b]Amsterdam Centraal[/b] dep: 1901 | CNL night train: [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/amsterdam-to-copenhagen[/u]
[b]Hamburg Hbf[/b] arr: 0356

By day train it is a trip of about 6 hours. There are connections with only one change in Duisburg Hbf. The ICE and IC trains you will use are all free of supplements.
Have a look at the schedule planer: [u]https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route[/u]

Peter :)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1343 comments

replied 12 years ago

it is better to use the 2-hourly EC trains to BERLIN and change at OSNABRUCK.

Userpic

rachtravels
Traveller
4 comments

replied 11 years ago

I'm travelling to Hamburg on the 15th June this year
are the only links without supplements now with two changes, not one?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.
The fastest connection is 5 hours and some minutes with two changes (free of extra fees for Interrailers - via Osnabrück):
[u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail/amsterdam-to-hamburg[/u]

If you only want to change once, the journey time will be 6:40h with change in Duisburg.

Userpic

rachtravels
Traveller
4 comments

replied 11 years ago

ah i see
that's great thank you!
is there much change in timetables after the 10th, or will this pretty much be the same times?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.
No changes. :)
You can use the schedules given here on railcc.
And it is always enough time to change the trains - the stations aren't as big. And the trains less crowded than on the connection with only one change.

Userpic

rachtravels
Traveller
4 comments

replied 11 years ago

that's brilliant
thanks! :)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1343 comments

replied 11 years ago

it is only due to ROUTE and the seeming inability of many of you to realise that AMS-this big city here, has 10 and not just 1 station.
The Berlin trains start at Schiphol airport and stops in AMS at ZUID WTC and then at DUIVENDRecht-both are on the metro. ZUID also has trams. As I assume you will not stay on the station roof of central, it hardly makes diff if you take a tram the 1 or the other way to reach station.
Also if starting from Central, it is just too daft easy -simply take local InterCity to Hilversum (trains goes to Amersfoort), get off-listen to announcement,and wait 3 mins for next train, same track=-the one to berlin, together with a few dozen others, all screaming and anxious. Or maybe you can make new IR friends with your knowledge now.
In Osnabrück the germans have some nice style bahnhof: in 2 levels, up and down. Same-same we have here in NL at Duivendrecht.

Userpic

MrMonk
Traveller
29 comments

replied 11 years ago

[quote]In Osnabrück the germans have some nice style bahnhof: in 2 levels, up and down. Same-same we have here in NL at Duivendrecht.[/quote]

We don´t only have an nice station, btu also a pretty nice centre plus an amazing zoo ;)
Definatly worth a visit, if anybody is around, write me a message and I´ll guide you ;)

Btw: @Peter: Do you guys also need photos of the stations? I got a couple of photos from Osnabrück Hauptbahnhof, if you need them, write me.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.
Would be nice to have some photos of it! :)
I just send you an email,