Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

Posted 13 years ago

[b]Hi everyone :) [/b]
I'm planning my next InterRail; the planning it's already finished more or less. But I'm thinking about change some details.
[b]I've this connection: night train Budapest-Krakow, but I would like stopping first at Zakopane. It would be: Budapest-Zakopane and then Zakopane-Krakow. Does anyone know a good connection for this trip?
Thank you so much in advance :D [/b]

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi.
On the map it looks like Zakopane is on the way to Krakow.
But the fastest way is not the direct way. It is via Krakow.

For example:

[b]Budapest-Keleti[/b] pu dep: 1958 | night train - [u]https://rail.cc/en/budapest-krakow-night-train/f3304[/u]
[b]Krakow Glowny[/b] arr: 0624

[b]Krakow Glowny[/b] dep: 0733 | Regional train
[b]Zakopane[/b] arr: 1107

Peter :)

Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

replied 13 years ago

That's a solution I also found, but the problem is that I'll have to go from Krakow to Prague, so it would be better if the way is Budapest-Zakopane-Krakow-Prague :|
Maybe doing the connection Budapest-Krakow-Zakopane then there's a direct train from Zakopane to Prague... I don't know.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 13 years ago

I know ... it is not a perfect solution - but it is the easiest one - and fastest one.
On your way Zakopane - Prague, you will have to change in Krakow as well - from where you could use the direct night train to Prague.
:)

Userpic

Robert_Antonio
Traveller
53 comments

replied 13 years ago

There is no rail connection between Slovakia and Zakopane, so Peter's solution with change in Krakow is the only possible.
Anyway, you can try train from Budapest to Poprad with change in Košice and then catch a bus from Poprad to Zakopane.

Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

replied 13 years ago

I decided take the direct night train Budapest-Krakow, spend a few days there then go to Zakopane and finally come back to Krakow so as to take the direct night train to Prague. Taking your advices into account I think it would be the best solution.
Thank you so much. Regards :D