Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hi,

Has anyone stayed in the Edinburgh or London St Christopher's? I've read some bad reviews on both, but also some good ones, and wanted to get a more detailed sense of the strengths and weaknesses of these hostels.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Sunday
Traveller
18 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi blackkat13, I have no idea about these ones but I was at the St Christopher's Bauhaus Hostel in Bruges two years ago and I still think it's the best hostel I've ever been. Nice people, everything's extremely cleaned and they even give you free drinks and discounts for its pub and for some restaurants and musems in the whole city! I really enjoyed my stay there.
Hope it helps you to decide :D

Userpic

hannah7344
Traveller
1 comments

replied 13 years ago

I stayed in the London St Christopher's in Southwark a few weeks before Christmas, and I had a really good experience. I stayed in an 8 person room for 2 nights and a 22 person room for 1 night, and the rooms were clean and there was plenty of space. The breakfast was good, and the staff were generally very helpful. I also met lots of nice people while staying there, and you could get cheap drinks at the bar downstairs.

The only downside would have been that on the day we had to move rooms we had to put our luggage in between being able to check into the new room, which cost a few pounds, and was annoying because they do actually have a luggage room at the hostel, they just don't let you use it.

Hope this helps :)

Userpic

biibba
Traveller
1 comments

replied 13 years ago

hullo!

I stayed at St Christophers in Paris last Easter.
yes it was quite far out of town but not only a short, safe walk to the metro which was worth it as I was doing the trip on the cheap.
Admittedly the bag lockers they have under the beds are noisy because they are metal and it's a hostel so expect people coming in late or leaving early but if you have earlpugs in your fine.
Cheap, clean (very clean for a hostel) and felt safe.
The food - ie breakfast - was rather scarce (bread and jam) and not to my taste, but hey, the other three factors were way more important.

Hope this helps :)

Biibba x