Userpic

Alex1981990
Traveller
12 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hello,I am a new guy here, a greek resident who wants to travel europe...So my english may be a bit rusty, I am really sorry about that.
Well, while searching for a global pass I ended up finding a eurail pass but then I read that this pass would not do the work for me because I live in Europe.
So, I managed to find your site which I will buy a ticket from you for sure.
BUT, I read(from the first site I visited in the FAQ section)that for the eurail ticket you need to activate it(so it can be valid) within 6 months of your starting travel date! It mentions that you activate it in a local train station with your passport.
SO, my question is have I got to do the same(activating) interail ticket???And if I must how can I do that???
Thanks in advance,
Alex

P.S.Oh and by the way your site is REALLY useful...helped me a lot

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hej Alex.

You do NOT have to activate your InterRail pass.
You select the starting date of your InterRail pass directly in the online shop.

If you buy a pass XX travel days in a period of YY days (for example the 10 days in22 days InterRail Global pass), you only fix the starting date in the shop (like mentioned above), but you fill in each travel day you need manually in your pass.

Peter :)

Userpic

Alex1981990
Traveller
12 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hey thanks!Ok I am getting some company and off to europe then...

Userpic

Alex1981990
Traveller
12 comments

replied 13 years ago

[quote]
If you buy a pass XX travel days in a period of YY days (for example the 10 days in22 days InterRail Global pass), you only fix the starting date in the shop (like mentioned above), but you fill in each travel day you need manually in your pass.
[/quote]
Oh,you say I fill in each day manually in my pass as soon as I get it??Or just before boarding trains??What if I don't know the exact days I am going to travel??

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi!

You can fill in the travel days while you are travelling. You dont have to do it when your ticket arrives.

While you're travelling, you can freely choose and fill in your travel days - just take care not to board a train if you havent filled in a travel day. ;)

Flo 8)