Userpic

Jerzol
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 13 years ago

I have a plan to travel in Spain and sleep in hostels or campings (depending on the place). I might be there between about 24.08 to 1.09 (I have a plan to use 15 days Interrail Global Pass, but I will have to move there from Poland :) .
I have my own tent, so the only thing I need is a piece of ground to camp and shower/toilet.
But after checking websites of Spanish campings, mosty around Barcelona that is obvious first place to visit, I realised that it's gonna be more expensive than a night in a hostel in the centre of Barcelona. Something like 30 euro, maybe 25. They usually offer a huge pitch, with a place for a car (for an adequate price), but it's something I will not use, travelling by train with backpack and own tent. And they don't apparently have an offer (or I cannot find it) for someone like me.
Or even there is an info, that a minimum price of accomodation is for example price for 2 persons and a price of standard pitch.

Is it a common situation, or I was unlucky with my search? Or maybe they would apply to me different prices? As I said, all I need is a small piece of ground and shower/toilet and I don't want to pay for something that I cannot use.
Btw. My confusion was even bigger, because I had read before that the cost of camping is around 10 euro, maybe a bit more...
And, Is it any better in Italy or France?

Follow this topic