Userpic

ChrisJBarnes13
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hi all, I will try and keep this as short as possible.

Myself and a friend are visiting Istanbul in September, and it has come to my attention that Fenerbahce vs Besiktas is on at the same time we are there.

The only problem is that it kicks off 3h 40 mins after our flight lands. Seemingly, there is a train that runs from Pendik station near Sabiha Gocken airport to Haydarpasa but on the turkish rail website I cannot see how long it will take.

If I can at all make this game, I would love to do so. But, can anyone advise me whether or not I would be safe doing so? I am aware that Fener-Galatasaray is one of the most violent games in football, and as an English person visiting the country would I be safe visiting the area around the ground at this time?

Finally, do I have a realistic chance of getting tickets and how much would they cost?

I have looked extensively on the internet for the answers but cannot find them so if anyone can assist I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi.

Here is some information about getting from the airport to the city:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/sabiha-gokcen-airport-istanbul/f4434[/u]

But I can't give you details concerning the football game.

Peter :)

Userpic

ChrisJBarnes13
Traveller
3 comments

replied 14 years ago

thanks for your help

Userpic

baobab
Traveller
128 comments

replied 14 years ago

I don't think you will find a ticket easily unless you contact a local to book it for you and preferably attend the game with him.
It would have been better if the home team was Besiktas than Fenerbahce for non locals..i don't imply that you will certain face a problem but it would be safer and funnier to attend the game with a local.. (and not besiktas or galatasaray fan)

Userpic

baobab
Traveller
128 comments

replied 14 years ago

Since i am also searching tickets for football games you can find them here..
www.biletix.com/category.htm?p=sport
they are online for sale couple days before the games.. but only in the turkish site.. if you choose english they are gone :P 8)