Userpic

alexjryan
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hi!
As detailed on our trip: xxxxxx (EDIT: please add your details here to make it easier for the readers. Thank you.) me and my girlfriend are hoping to make the trip from timisoara to belgrade on the 3rd of august. We've been searching for details of elusive trains via the xxxxxx (EDIT: we at the forum only support this schedule planer: [u]https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route[/u] , otherwise ask directly at the company mentioned, we are not their support. Thank you.) and the C.F.R. website.

Does anybody have any concrete info on trains available?

Thanks!
Alex

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi.

The main station in Timisoara is Timisoara Nord.
There is one direct train, it is the night train coming from Bucharest: [u]https://rail.cc/en/bucharest-belgrade-night-train/f4775[/u]
As much as I know, there are no seats attached to this train officially.

[b]Timisoara Nord[/b] dep: 0545
[b]Beograd[/b] arr: 0854

If you want to use a train, you can do it Timisoara - Budapest - Beograde ... but you will loose a full day for a distance of about 200 kilometers.
The problem is that in the past the river Danube was the border between Romania and Serbia - there is for now only an old regional rail track Timisoara-Beograde ... but with the new bridges, there will be soon (I hope so at least) better connections.

For now I recommend you to use a bus if you want to travel the fast and cheap way.
First step will be Timisoara to Vršac.
Then Vršac to Belgrade.

Check details here: [u]http://www.autogari.ro/timisoara[/u]

Ask at the hostel you stay or directly at the main bus station (Autogara) mentioned by the link. It is just some meters away from Timisoara Nord.
The fare to Belgrade will be a maximum of EUR 15 per person.

Peter :)

Userpic

alexjryan
Traveller
2 comments

replied 13 years ago

Thanks ever so much for your quick reply!

You said that by taking the night train (would actually only be a morning train for people leaving from timisoara) we'd lose a whole day. How's this? Since it leaves at 5:45am and arrives at 08:54am..
We could spend the day in Belgrade, which would be no problem! Is this the case or have I missed something.

The other thing is, I'm having some trouble finding details of this train/bus on the websites. If there's no information available on websites, I guess we'll find a way to ask at the station when we get there!

Thanks again, you've been a great help!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi.

There is definitely a bus connection with the one change to Belgrade!
The only problem why you have only one connection by train is the poor track.

For the bus connection ask at the bus terminal (close to the station) or at your hostel - they will know it as it is a very common connection (Timisoara is second biggest city in Romania).

And yes you can use the night train - even if it is only a morning train ... :)
But it might be the case that you will have to pay for a couchette (maybe they attach a normal 2nd class seat wagon to the train) - ask therefore at the station.

Peter :)

Userpic

alexjryan
Traveller
2 comments

replied 13 years ago

Thanks again. You've been a great help, Peter!
Alex

Userpic

ShoRa
Traveller
29 comments

replied 13 years ago

There are normal seating cars on train Bucharest - Belgrade, so no problem for Timisoara - Belgrade

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 13 years ago

Thanks for this update! :)