Userpic

Kawrrlll
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

How do I travel this route on Flam or a scenic route?

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
896 comments

replied 1 year ago

The Tromsø to Bergen route is part of the coastal ship service operated by Hurtigruten, not a railway. To make the joruney by train is a tour of Norway.

Userpic

Kawrrlll
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

OK, HOW DO I SCHEDULE THIS?

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
587 comments

replied 1 year ago

https://www.hurtigruten.com/en/expeditions/destinations/norway-cruises/

Userpic

Barrie
Traveller
21 comments

replied 1 year ago

Your topic belongs in the Scandinavia forum but nevertheless. As Arend7 notes Tromso to Bergen is by coastal steamer - and a very pleasant journey it is too. By a round about route you may be able to get from Tromso to Bergen by bus but I've not looked into it.To get to Flam you can get the Bergen- Oslo train (or vice versa) and get the spur line Myrdal to Flam. There may be a boat from Bergen to Aurland and then get the train up to Flam but you'd have to ask the Norwegian Tourist authorities. Rome2rio may have some alternative suggestions - use the interweb

Userpic

Barrie
Traveller
21 comments

replied 1 year ago

Fauske is as far North as the train goes. Catching the train there and you're essentially getting off at Oslo.

Userpic

Baldie
Traveller
15 comments

replied 1 year ago

Why not try the Norway in a Nutshell day excursion from Bergen to Flam train to Myrdal and then I believe a coach back to Bergen? If you search Norway in a Nutshell, you will more details.