Userpic

yardgoat
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

The week of May 6-11, 2023 has not populated in TrenItalia or InOui websites for their direct trains between Paris and Milan. The weeks before and after have been available for a few months. I expected to maybe have to wait until 60 days prior but there is still no update and we are now within 50 days of the May dates. Is this unusual and/or is anyone aware of line issues that may cause the train to not be available during this week?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
587 comments

replied 1 year ago

This is wat I see at www.seat61.com : Notes for the timetable
* The 12:46 Paris-Milan TGV is randomly replaced by the 09:43 on weekdays on various dates, it's a mess.

** The 06:35 Frecciarossa runs on a few dates instead of the 07:25, check times when you book.

*** The 14:10 Milan-Paris TGV is randomly replaced by the 12:10 on weekdays on various dates, it's a mess.

You can see what days they run at www.bahn.com click at "show details"

Userpic

yardgoat
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you for the reply. I did check out seat61 before posting here. He noted that if trains are available to book before and after the date you are looking for that there is likely engineering work on the line and that the companies are waiting to be told that the track will be available before posting times and tickets for sale. I'm hoping someone here knows what the actual situation is during that week since no direct trains are available. I'd like to make the trip by train but I'm not sure how long to wait before booking something else.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
587 comments

replied 1 year ago

In my experience (I had it recently with Eurostar) they give in such a case the train in the timetable but say "not bookable" when you try to book it.