Userpic

yarimon
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 13 years ago

Hi

I'm from Mexico but i've been living on France for the past year and I want to buy the Interrail Ticket to visit Spain, Portugal, Germany and Netherlands but in order to do that i have to cross France; the train Madrid - Paris - Frankfurt goes through France so i just want to know if i can use the ticket in my country of residence like that or if I can't... and one other question is if someone else buys me an Eurail ticket and brings the ticket to me to France. Can I travel all around without problems?

Thank you...

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi.

Concerning your country of residence which is definitely France: yes, you will have to pay for crossing France.
But there are often cheap special tickets available via the sncf.fr website (starting from EUR 20), especially for night trains like for example [b]Cerbère[/b] (just at the French border coming from Barcelona) to [b]Strasbourg or Luxembourg[/b].
[u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train/france/fr[/u]

As soon as you have a visa, stamps or a residency permit in your passport, showing that you had residency in Europe for more than 6 months, you have to buy the InterRail ticket.
On the other hand, I never saw train staff checking a non-European passport for a residency permit or something like this when a person was traveling on Eurail. But it is not the correct way to do.

Peter :)