Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

Posted 1 year ago

My attention has been drawn to the website, which has an appearance of something from Eurail/Interrail but the content is very odd. It offers 4 languages but three currently have nothing other than a form to ask a question. The English section seems to have some travel news randomly picked up from press reports and some inaccurate travel tips.

A couple of years ago fake websites that appeared to be linked to several european rail operators appeared but were traced back to a group in Hong Kong (never trust a Ninja site!). I would be very wary of this new site until it posts some explanation of who is controlling it. And do not send a question using an email address you wouldn't want to be filled with Spam!

Follow this topic
Userpic

sdf
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 year ago

Interestingly, late last week I posed a question on the purchase of paper Eurail passes via the Eurail.com website. The answer came back as a "ticket" link via eurail.zendesk.com. Zendesk is a customer support SaaS product (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zendesk) - and seems legitimate.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 1 year ago

I've just found out that the site is linked from the German version of their T&Cs (despite it having no German content other than a contact form). It looks like someone has launched too soon and the english content is being copied of a chat board. What it will eventually become and how it will affect Eurail customer services in Netherlands remains to be seen. But at least it's ninja-free.