Userpic

theocelittle
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi All,

I'm new with interrail, and I wonder, how travelling over night is calculated. I understand, that an overnight train is calculated with 1 day.
However I want to travel from Budapest - Buchs CH overnight (dep.20:55-arr.06:56), then Buchs (dep.11:09) - Chur - Zermatt (arr.18:10) next day. Is this considered 1 day or 2 days with interrail pass?

Thanks in advance

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 1 year ago

Clearly shown on the webiste https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/night-trains

You can travel on an overnight train with the pass dated for the departure and that will be valid into the next day until you get off. But in your case that will be at Buchs and any other travel that day needs the pass dated as normal. Is there any particular reason why you are waiting over 4 hours in Buchs, there's not a lot there. The train from Chur to Zermatt arriving 18:10 is a Glacier Express, you will need a surcharge and reservation ticket for that.

Userpic

theocelittle
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

it was not clear for me, cause the site only says "you can extend a daytrip with night train with flexi pass", and I want to extend a night trip with a day travel. So it is calculated as 2 days.
I want to catch a bus and go to Vaduz and back in those 4 hours.
I'm aware of reservating Glacier Express, thank you.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

You can also take the bus from Vaduz to Sargans (table 88.120 at www.fahrplanfelder.ch). From there are a lot more connections to Chur.