Userpic

soleil2
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Which is the best way to travel from Hamburg to Valencia? I suppose one has to stay overnight somewhere. Anyone who can help me?

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
910 comments

replied 1 year ago

The best way to travel from Hamburg to Valencia is to fly - going by train is a long and difficult journey.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

But why not if you have the time and money for it. There are direct trains Hamburg – Köln (bahn.de), Köln -Paris (Thalys.com), Paris-Barcelona (SNCF.com) and Barcelona-Valencia (RENFE.com).
You have probably spent the night in Barcelona (when there are no private train companies inbeween, where I am not aware of, but then somebody else here will know)

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

extra note: {Paris has no central station. You have probably to travel from Gare du Nord to Gare de Lyon by taxi, metro or your own legs (5 km with place de la republique and the bastille in the middle)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 1 year ago

Im Zug only advisable if you want to visit some places on the way. As above-besides this it means also a very cumbersome way to get the tickets, even more so if you want to use a pass. Plus that supplmts on that are quite high for these trains- that alone much higher as a cheap airticket would cost.
You can avoid Paris and the metro-transfer and also the very costly Thalys to get there by using Fr-INland TGV from Strasbourg direct to somewhere along the Mediterranee , Nimes-Montpellier-Beziers-Perpignan and then local TER in FR, change border, then Rodalies/Cat-Express treno to Bcn. Bahn.de will show times-though you are likely now waaaaaaaaaaaay too early for summer-check times next week for a rough idea (how long, how often etc.)
Hint: community.eurail is a far livelier site, and has dozens of Swedes posting, inspired by lady Gretha who also venture that-their route by default also goes via HH. And check seat61.com - info on trains around the whole globe.