Userpic

natsophlucy
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 14 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone knew if it is compulsory to reserve in advance the night train to Krakow from Prague. If so, how far in advance would I need to book it and how would I go about doing this?

Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi ...

The supplements for this train are listed here: [u]https://rail.cc/en/prague-krakow-night-train/f4027[/u]

Concerning the purchase of supplements / reservations read here: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation[/u]

There are no additional costs if you buy this InterRail discounted supplement in advance (should be available up to 2 months in advance), but I am sure, that the only way to get it is at a station either in the Czech Rep. or in a neighbour country.

Peter :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 14 years ago

To answer the question about the compulsory reservation:

It is only necessary to make reservations for the couchette/sleeper cars, but not for the regular 2nd class seats. :) However, I'd recommend to get at least a place in a six-berth couchette.

Userpic

natsophlucy
Traveller
3 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks for the help guys!

We've tried looking at the links you've sent us but we can't reserve the train for some reason...

Do you think we would be ok just turning up at the train station in Prague and getting a reservation for the next evening?

If not, would somebody be able to send me a direct link to somewhere where we can reserve a night train cabin?

Thanks,

Natsophlucy

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 14 years ago

You will have to buy it at the station in Prague.
It is also possible to buy it at a station of neighbor countries, for example somewhere in Germany - depends on where you travel before.

Userpic

natsophlucy
Traveller
3 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks very much!

I just got a bit worried because I went to Toulouse train station in France to reserve some tickets and almost 75% of trains we wanted to get were fully reserved by pass users. That's why I'm now nervous about turning up in Prague and finding out there are no seats available for pass users at all!

Knowing this, is it possible to just hop on a train if we know it's not full for regular paying customers but it is for pass users?

thanks

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 14 years ago

I assume the trains that were already full are SNCF trains like TGV or Téoz? The problem with limited space for travellers with railpass maily exists in France - there is no such limitation for the Praha - Krakow night train. :)

[quote]
Knowing this, is it possible to just hop on a train if we know it's not full for regular paying customers but it is for pass users?
[/quote]

You can do so - but you will have to rely on the goodwill of the conductors then. I've heard several stories where people hopped on full Artesia night trains or TGV and could stay, on the other hand it can happen that you have to pay a fine or even get kicked off the train.
But like I've said above you wont have such a problem on this night train - if it's full then it's full for everybody, not only railpass travellers.

Flo 8)