Userpic

Edgarfx
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello everyone. I'm new here.
Please, could somebody help?
I have bought tickets (via Eurail Pass) to travel from Belgium to the Netherlands (several cities). I have recently learned that some trains allow one to bring a bicycle and some do not. I don't know where to find the information (have tried a lot without luck).
I will be taking 6 IC trains and one THA.
Thank you!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
587 comments

replied 1 year ago

It's allowed, but with a lot of rules. Google "bicycle Thalys" and "bicycle NS". I saw the information there, so you should be able too. You have to scroll there a bit lower. The information is not at the top.

Userpic

Edgarfx
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you Arend7, will do.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 1 year ago

You ALSO need to buy a special ticket for the bike-cost about 7€ for IN NL-more for INTernational. It is in NL NOT allowed to take bikes during peak hrs-is alsoon the site.
In general I am amazed that people take so much trouble to post here whereas dr google can deliver the answer in a few milli-secs. Justsimply type that same Q in google.
Also in general EUrail is a bad buy for only travel In NL-passdays will cost more as local tix-and since 1/2 you can simply also travel-same price, by using bank or cr cd for checkIn+OUT-you still need to buy separate bike ticket then!

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
896 comments

replied 1 year ago

I'm a bit concerned about "I have bought tickets (via Eurail Pass) " . Do you mean you've bought Eurail passes for what are going to be 7 relatively short journeys? Which sounds like a waste of money. Or you've bought individual trip tickets, in which case who exactly from because the Eurail pass organisation doesn't sell them, and the operators often sell online tickets cheaper than the international travel agents.