Userpic

Mica
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Train-promoting websites show routes to Lisbon that do not exist, like Hendaye to Lisbon. Why? This is annoying.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
839 comments

replied 1 year ago

there are thousands, possibly millions, of websites on various subjects that are wrong. Some were never correct, some were correct but weren't kept up to date. In the case of this problem some are about actual past travel so are correct about what happened but are not intended to be a guide for the future. The basic rule is that when interested in any journey check the website of the official operator before ploughing through masses of third party stuff. If the official website is a nightmare (some are) it's a clue as to how bad the journey will be. Always be cautious about post on scoial media and Tripadvisor. If you have to use thrid party info check the dates.

The EU announced a project last week to restart the train using a private operator since RENFE of Spain has no interest, don't expect to see anything running before 2026 - and there is no guarantee after that.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1316 comments

replied 1 year ago

If someone would give me just 2 cts for all outdated info on sites, I would be millionaire. IF you have ever used www this should be blinding obvious.
But yes, also THIS site is not updated since the original guys kind of left it. And due to covid many, many routes were cancelled-and some yes, some no reinstated since. And these railfans have also a nasty tendency to only write the positive things, extolling about how good these trains are without ever mentioning the dis-advantages. For general best global planning: seat61.com, but also there DO read till end-there may be additions later on that telly ou ´not running for now!

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
839 comments

replied 1 year ago

to which I owuld add that some railfans ahven't got a clue and repeat rumours. And articles in glossy life style magazines are often compiled by scamming words off other sources and adding agency photos.