Userpic

Lilith
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hey there guys! My name is Lilly and I'm from Brazil!
I'm digging all over the internet but it seems impossible to find a bus/train connection linking Serbia to Estonia. However, I recall a friend telling me how he got to Estonia from Serbia by bus.
Now I need that info badly and I can't find that friend :/
If you have ANYTHING to say about it, please do, any info might be helpful and don't hesitate or be lazy, cause I need that info asap >.<
Pleaaaaaaaaaaase help :>

So basically what I need to know is:
*Is it possible to go from Serbia to Estonia on a single bus? If not, then how can I get there via multiple ones? (detailed info please cause I'm not from Europe >.<)
*How much would it cost in any of those cases, via one single bus or multiple ones?

Thanks in advance,
Lilly <3

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi!

Well...can't tell you really much about buses, sorry. Maybe have a look at Eurolines, they come to my mind at first.

However, this would be a possible connection by bus and train: ;)

Beograd 0720 - 2116 Pardubice
Pardubice 2252 - 0722 Warszawa
:arr: continue by bus (ie Eurolines)

There would also be a direct sleeper Belgrade - Moskwa, whereyou also could catch a bus to Tallinn or a direct sleeper train.

Flo 8)

Userpic

Lilith
Traveller
4 comments

replied 14 years ago

Oh wow such a fast answer :>

Okay so forgive my ignorance buuuuut >_>
That number stands for bus ID?
Ok so it goes from Beograd to Pardubice in CzR and then from there to Warszawa in Poland right?
So there in Poland it's certain that I'll find an Euroline bus to Estonia?

Oh and if you can, how much you think it would cost me all that trip? >.<
Sorry for so many questions but I really don't have much clue of those small details T-T

Thanks in advance,
Lilly <3

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi!

The numbers aren't bus ID but timings for two [b]trains[/b] :arr: Beograd to Pardubice and Pardubice to Warszawa.

Please have a look at http://www.eurolines.ee/en/ for Eurolines services from/to Estonia. Note that there might also be other operators but I don't know about that.

If you need details about the train connections feel free to ask but I can't help you out on bus services, sorry.

Userpic

Lilith
Traveller
4 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hey!
Yeah kinda my bad asking about buses in railcc -.-
Okay so can you help me about prices of those two trains I'd have to get from Beograd to Poland please? :>

Thanks in advance, really <3

Userpic

Head
Traveller
101 comments

replied 14 years ago

[quote]
There would also be a direct sleeper Belgrade - Moskwa, whereyou also could catch a bus to Tallinn or a direct sleeper train.[/quote]
Russia and Brazil were about to sign a agreement abolishing visas for tourists, but haven't done so yet ) so it's hardly an option.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi ...

I can give you only the prices for an InterRail pass. But it won't be worth for your single journey.
Ask at the main railway station in Beograd, they should be able to book this trip.
I think it will be something around 80-100 EUR for Beograd-Warszawa.

Peter :)

Userpic

Head
Traveller
101 comments

replied 14 years ago

Both Serbia and Estonia have poor air connections (no direct flight, connection will be at least 200 euros, I suppose), so the best option is probably really train/bus. It's better to go by train to Warsaw, from there train links become rare or non-existant. But from there it's easy to get a bus to Tallinn or probably Riga with onward connection to Tallinn.
See http://www.eurolines.pl/
http://www.eurolinespolska.pl/index.php?temat=linie.php&lang=en&idp=28

Userpic

Head
Traveller
101 comments

replied 14 years ago

If you badly need to cut costs, then it's best not to get a through ticket Beograde - Warszawa. Buy ticket up to the border with Hungary. In Hungary ask the conductor on train for the ticket to Slovak border, and so on. Avoid buying international train tickets - in Eastern Europe they tend to be much more expensive than national ones.

Userpic

Lilith
Traveller
4 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks SO MUCH guys for all the help so far >.< really, I didn't even think I'd get a response and not only I got it fast but I got many people answering :> that's so sweet
I have to go for now but I'll check everything aaand I'd be so grateful if you guys could be online to help me today and tomorrow, but thanks so much in advance.
Don't want to sound a freak but if any of you can/want to give me your skype/msn IDs, I could get in touch for some help during my trip in some emergency case which wouldn't be answered here on the forum <3 But ofc I won't go psycho bothering you guys so don't worry xD

See you guys later :* Thanks again

Userpic

ShoRa
Traveller
29 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hey,

It's faster and probably cheaper if you change trains in Budapest instead of Pardubice. Like this?
Belgrade 10:00 - Budapest 18:04 and then
Budapest 19:58 - Warszaw 07:10

Single ticket Belgrade to Budapest costs 15 EUR, and Budapest to Warsaw costs 29 EUR for ordinary seat and 39 EUR for 6-berth couchette if there are still cheap tickets available. If not, Budapest to Warsaw full fare costs 71 EUR for ordinary seat, and if you want, a bed in 6-berth couchette you have to pay 9.40 EUR more.

If you want to go via Moscow there is daily sleeping train at 07:20 which arrives at Moscow at 09:56 two days later. Single one way ticket including sleeper reservation is arround 90-100 EUR. That train goes via Ukraine, so you should check if you need visa for Ukraine and Russia.
From Moscow to Talinn you have train which goes every day at 18:05 and arrives next day at 08:27. I don't know the price for that train, but it should be realy cheap.
Beware that train from Belgrade arrive to Moskow Kijevskaia station, and train to departs from Moscow Oktiabrskaia station.

Userpic

Head
Traveller
101 comments

replied 14 years ago

[quote]
From Moscow to Talinn you have train which goes every day at 18:05 and arrives next day at 08:27. I don't know the price for that train, but it should be realy cheap.[/quote]
No way cheap. It's 45 euros in ugly unreserved seating (obshij, no real seats, just kind of benches) and 100 euros in 4-berth compartment.

Userpic

Lilith
Traveller
4 comments

replied 14 years ago

[b]Hey guys!
Thanks so much for all your help and interest <3
Thing is, I will have only Serbian visa, nothing else :/ and you know, Brazilian people need visa to many places, that's so mean :<
I think I'll go Belgrade>Poland>Estonia, I think it's easier than going through Russia since I've got no visa
What you guys think?[/b]

Userpic

Robert_Antonio
Traveller
53 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi Lilly,
I think that the journey via Budapest and Warszawa is the best. As Brazilian you probably need visas for Ukraine and Russia and the trip will be annoyingly slow.
Trains from Beograd to Budapest are often delayed, although 2 hours in Budapest should be enough time reserve to change trains. But if you want to have 100% sure time schedule, take a previous train from Beograd (7:20) to Budapest (14:44). Five hours in Budapest aren't lost, Budapest is a wonderful city 8)
Buy a discounted ticket to Budapest for 15 € (Budapest-Special offer). In Budapest buy another ticket to Warszawa, the price begins at 39 € in a couchette car or at 54 € in a sleeping car (SparNight offer). The SparNight tickets can be sold off, in this case you can buy an ordinary ticket for about 100 €. The combination of Budapest-Special and SparNight would be much more cheaper than buying only domestic tickets and cross the border in a bus or on foot.
There are only few usable trains in Baltic states, their government favor archaic road transport :( , so from Warszawa to Tallinn the bus will be a better alternative. There is only one train from Poland to Lithuania, but the train departs from Warszawa just 15 minutes after the night train from Budapest has arrived, so you probably won't have time to change and buy the ticket.

Userpic

dmirstek
Traveller
21 comments

replied 14 years ago

Train from Warsaw to Sestokai waits in Warsaw for Chopin (from Budapest/Wien/Praha), but only for passengers with international tickets.

Bus connections from Warsaw to Tallinn:
Eurolines or Ecolines

Userpic

Head
Traveller
101 comments

replied 14 years ago

I've just heard of cheap airfares from Warsaw to Tallin - about 40 euros one way, on Polish airline LOT. Available at least for summer.