Userpic

seve98
Traveller
18 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello Everyone,
I have a question concerning the Euronigh (EN) train service 40465 between Zurich HB and Zagreb Glavni Kol.

The train journey is currently not bookable but running. As far as I heard there is a problem with certification of the HZ-couchette couches. The train should be running but the certification will always be just granted for the day of travel and you have to buy a ticket at the conductor and hope there are still couchettes free.

Can someone tell me from when on this train will be bookable online or in a ticket office and when the real issues are because it was communicated on quite a short notice and all of a sudden.

Thanks for your answer already! :)

Sevi

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
839 comments

replied 1 year ago

Slovenian Railways have a long log of problems for this train (and the other direction, and trains for Munich
summary of announcements
18 January - reservation not possible due to Austrian computer system problem. Tickets can't be sold to/from stations within Austria but available without reservation for Switzerland/Germany
20 January - problem fixed
24 January - problem not really fixed, only working for trains until 31 January
1 February - all ticket sales suspended for trains from 7 February (north from Slovenia) and 8 February (south to Slovenia)

It seems the problem is in Austria and nobody really knows!

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi Seve!

The problem is missing documentation for the HZ (Croatian Railway) cars in Austria.
Booking currently has been openend until February 8 I think and until the current issue between HZ and ÖBB hasn't been solved I guess not much will change.

Flo

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
839 comments

replied 1 year ago

missing documentation when they've been running there for around 10 years?

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

New rules requiring new forms, documentation,...

Most info I found on this topic is on zeljeznice forum.

Userpic

seve98
Traveller
18 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi,
Funnily the trip from Z.HB to Ljubljana with the same EN on April is possible... seems it's really just HZ.
As far as I know those EN couches are coupled together.
So maybe buy ticket Z.HB - Ljubljana and then change to a day train would be an option.

Still I wonder what the HZ issues are

Sevi

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
839 comments

replied 1 year ago

The Zurich-Zagreb seating car is planned to alternate Croatian/Slovenian

Userpic

seve98
Traveller
18 comments

replied 1 year ago

I mean if you want to buy a sleeper couch (2 people) you can book until Ljubljana from Zurich. But not until Zagreb.

Userpic

seve98
Traveller
18 comments

replied 1 year ago

BTW: It's possible to book the trip again - for all interested