Userpic

KatarinaHaake
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi, have only seven minutes to change trains in Nuernberg, is it possible?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9326 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi.
I lived several years in Nuremberg and used the station very often.
It depends on the platforms... also DB trains are often delayed.
Which train connection you ask about?
Best wishes, Peter :)

Userpic

KatarinaHaake
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi Peter, changing from QBB train from Vienna to a DB train to Hamburg. Planning ahead, not going until 9th of May. =)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1316 comments

replied 1 year ago

With luck yes, but do not count too much on it. DB is famous far delayed trains, only insiders know, ITaly still has that fame but that is history. Once over the border this train suddenly transforms into a DB-train. But you may also be lucky that it arr early with a few mins.
In all these trains they announce just before arr the connections and if it will hold- and what platf-with some luck same platf other side. Works like that about anywhere in EUR, aftr 2-3 you will even get used to it

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
841 comments

replied 1 year ago

I've just do a quick check of times for 9th May on bahn.com and it doesn't seem to offer any options with this connection, which trains have you seen?

Userpic

KatarinaHaake
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Planning to go from Gothenburg to Vienna and back. According to TrainPlanet there is such an option on the way back : Vienna - Nuernberg - hamburg - Malmoe - Got.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
841 comments

replied 1 year ago

Trainplanet is a Swedish travel agent - train operators will not guarantee tight connections suggested from thrid parties. If you use the official www.bahn.com it does not say change at Nürnberg, they recommend Würzburg - although in both cases the connection is planned ot be same platform. And bahn.com seems to be offering considerably cheaper prices . Either way you get stuck after crossing into Sweden and they differ on where you spend a probably miserable 4 hours waiting. The connection that worries me is actually the 18minutes in Hamburg during the evening commuter rush. Overall I don't like that itinery, I'd get the direct train from Wien to Hamburg at 10:13 and then the night train to Lund for a later connection north.

Userpic

KatarinaHaake
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thanks a lot! I will check this out. Brilliant forum this one!