Userpic

traveller1507
Traveller
8 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello,
I want to travel with a 1-month-pass as following:
- First Train: on 22.02.
- Last Train: Night Train leaving on 21.03., arriving on 22.03.

Is this possible? If I understand correctly, the pass is valid from 22.02-21.02 (when I activate it for 22.02) and I only need the departure day for the night train.

Could anybody, who is more familiar with Interrail, confirm this? It is my first time interrailing and I worry to get in trouble when I try to add the night train to my trip. I already have a seat reservation and definitely want to take the night train at the end of my interrail journey.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi,

not possible, your pass still has to be valid on both days when using a night train.
You can still try your luck and go, depending in where you are travelling chances are that the conductors let you travel without paying extra.

Flo

Userpic

traveller1507
Traveller
8 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you very much! Then I will buy a normal train ticket for my first train and activate my pass a few days later!

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
559 comments

replied 1 year ago

You can see it for yourself at rule7 in the terms and conditions. Conditions of Use_V8_2023 (interrail.eu). "This rule is only valid if the dates of departure and arrival both fall within the overall period of the Pass validity."
Conditions of Use_V8_2023 (interrail.eu)