Userpic

randomkindness
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

hi?

on several web pages i find information about a supposedly direct night train from brussels to innsbruck (see e.g. below in dutch), but further clicking never gets me there. Either it's not direct, or it's from somewhere else than brussels, or to another place than innsbruck. I'm confused. Does anyone know if this connection exists?

thanks

"De nachttrein "ÖBB nightjet" NJ425 van Brussel naar München en Innsbruck heeft een reistijd van 14:40 uur. U kunt treinkaartjes kopen vanaf 29 EUR. De treinverbinding loopt via Luik en Keulen."

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

Not directly. I see possibilities at www.bahn.de at monday, wednesday and friday with 1 change halfway to NJ421.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
907 comments

replied 1 year ago

this is the problem with the internet - anyone can post things with no requirement for them to be correct or up to date or even just dated and then they sit there confusing people for years to come.

NJ425 was a short lived service that failed to survive the pandemic, it lasted less than one season. The closest thing still running is NJ421 from Amsterdam via Utrecht, Arnhem, Düsseldorf and Bonn-Beuel (yes, there is an important gap there if you wanted a connection from Belgium!)

official website: www.nightjet.com/nl/reiseziele/oesterreich/innsbruck

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

That post (https://rail.cc/nl/nachttreinen/brussel-innsbruck-oebb-nightjet-nj425/599) actually is, at moment of this writing (they should instantly remove it when they read this, and cheque their procedures to prevent outdating from information in the future),from the host of this forum.

Userpic

randomkindness
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

thanks for the info! (i've seen it on other sites as well, and also in a travel magazine of this month)

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
907 comments

replied 1 year ago

The english language version of one of the most well known travel magazines currently has an article about a trendy new market/ food hall conversion in England. The problem is that for the article to have been produced in time for the publising deadline it must have been written before the market opened to the public. Too many of these articles are put together from promotional material and agency photos.