Userpic

Madison1217
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi

I am planning to travel from Rome to Trieste with my friend and would like to book a 2 bed cabin.

On Trenitalia, there are vagone Letto deluxe-doppia cabin intera and vagone letto deluxe uso singolo-cabin intera.
I should choose Vagone Letto deluxe-doppia cabin intera, right?

In addition, I also checked the italiarail website, there is a 2 bed cabin with private bathroom. Is it the same as
Vagone Letto deluxe-doppia cabin intera shown on trenitalia?

Thanks!

Attachment Image
Follow this topic
Userpic

Madison1217
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

From italiarail

Attachment Image
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
895 comments

replied 1 year ago

You are correct that if there are two of you the option to choose is "doppia cabin intera" (the Trenitalia booking system also works in English on PCs, no idea about phones). If you chose "uso singolo" you would get a cabin each and pay much more. BUT italiarail seem to be wrong, Vagone Letto Deluxe do not have private bathrooms in the cabins, that option is in Cabine Excelsior and they don't seem to be available on this train. Unfortunately the cabin info on Trenitaila.com is not available in English but the pictures are clear www.trenitalia.com/it/intercity-e-internazionali/intercity-notte/livelli-di-servizio.html

Italiarail is an US booking agent based in Franklin MA

Userpic

Madison1217
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you for the prompt reply! I will book the ticket via Trenitalia web!

Cheers

Userpic

Madison1217
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi,
I have another question in regard to using Trenitalia pass to reserve 2 bed cabin. Is it possible to do it online? or it can only be reserved at the station?

Thanks

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
895 comments

replied 1 year ago

It used to be possible to book online with a pass by clicking on the fare displayed (which is the cheapest available ) and then selecting the pass from the list of discount cards but that seems to have been stopped. This train has limited space for travel all the way to Trieste, it might be an idea to use the call centre and ask them to reserve the cabin www.trenitalia.com/en/services/our_call_centres.html