Userpic

johnnyeyes
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hey, I'm planning a mega month in June, doing the 22 day unlimited ticket Inter-Rail and then heading to the Glastonbury Festival in England straight after.

I reckon I would have around £1,200-£1,400 spending money for the whole trip (including Glasto). My plan is Amsterdam, Berlin, Krakow, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague and another destination close to London (but on mainland Europe).

Was wondering if you guys think this could be enough? I know it varies depending on what type of person you are, but I am clued up on how to eat and drink cheapily. Whilst still having money left over for Glastonbury (hopefully around £150)

Cheers,
Johnny

ps. sorry if this sort of things been posted before

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

I guess you should be fine - since you are traveling quite a significant part of your journey in eastern european countries where cheap accomodation is easier to find and living in general is quite cheap. Umm...

[quote]another destination close to London[/quote]

Well...I'd vote for Paris. ;)

Enjoy your trip...and Glastonbury! :D

If any other questions occur...please ask. And if you want to support the work here at the website and forum, buy your ticket from [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux]

Flo 8)

Userpic

johnnyeyes
Traveller
1 comments

replied 14 years ago

[quote]I guess you should be fine - since you are traveling quite a significant part of your journey in eastern european countries where cheap accomodation is easier to find and living in general is quite cheap. Umm...have you considered couchsurfing as an alternative for hostels?[/quote]

Yeah, I am doing my final year at uni see, and I'm trying to work out if overtime at my part time job would be possible whilst also having to do a 12,000 word dissertation. If I can get overtime, I can get more money. I decided Eastern Europe because I've never realy been there before. Berlin because it's my favourite place I've visited, and Amsterdam because the boat lands there from Newcastle.

Couchsurfing? I've heard of that before, is that a website where people let others sleep on there couch's basically?

Also, I am probably going to be doing it solo. I've wanted to do it the last three years but always depended on friends who bailed out. Is it common to end up meeting folks on the road and at hostels?

[quot]Well...I'd vote for Paris.[/quote]

I was thinking Paris. I haven't been there since I was 14.

[quote]If any other questions occur...please ask. And if you want to support the work here at the website and forum, buy your ticket[/quote]

Yeah, that's where I was looking at buying it from.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

couchsurfing.org ;)

[quote][quote]Is it common to end up meeting folks on the road and at hostels?[/quote]

Usually yes. Otherwise spoken, if you want to, yes. ;)

[quote]Yeah, that's where I was looking at buying it from.[/quote][/quote]

Thank you.

For going Paris - London I'd recommend searching for cheap tickets on eurostar.com - since you are going to Glastonbury you probably can book early for a certain day; there should be tickets from around 35€ for a single trip.

Flo 8)