Userpic

bex_nz00
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for your advice and assistance, it is really appreciated.

I have ordered our passes and hopefully they will arrive soon. What do we need to do now? Do I need to find out which trains need reservations in advance and do that? We want to go on both the Bernina Express and Glacier Express, do I need to wait until the physical passes arrive before I can reserve our seats for the dates we want to go? I think I read somewhere I can so reservations online.

Thanks so much,

Bex

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi Bex ...

It is no problem to go on now with reservations (if needed).
As on reservations you only have to tell or select the option Rail Pass Traveler - you don't need a number or something of your future InterRail ticket.

If you want to do the Glacier Express route, you can also save money and use free Regional trains running every hour (don't have panoramic cars - but they are okay) ... have a look at the train schedules:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route[/u]
If you want to spent the money, it is definitely worth as well by Glacier Express - especially in the winter months !!! :)

If you have more questions, let me know, Peter :)

Userpic

bex_nz00
Traveller
1 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks so much Peter that's really helpful.

Do we need tickets and a seat reservation?

I am a bit confused by this form:
rhb.ch/Reservation-Glacier-Express.932.0.html?&L=4

At the bottom where it asks the following-

Do you need train tickets?
Number of adults without reductions
Number of persons with half-fare season-ticket
Children up to 15.99 years

I would answer 0 to each of those but then am I correct in thinking that we do require some tickets, or do we just need a reservation?

Thanks so much, its all a bit confusing!

Cheers!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi ...
yes you need a supplement only ... this is at the same time the seat reservation.
please ask them directly - they have a fast support... they know their own system better than me. ;)
Peter :)