Userpic

wildgoose
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hullo, this is all very new to me so please bear with me. I am 62 years old and want to begin exploring the big, wide, world by train and on a limited budget. In 2010 I want to travel from Edinburgh to Sarajevo in July/August and return, in a 3 week period. I can be flexible on dates and would appreciate any suggestions on how to go about this. wildgoose

Follow this topic
Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 14 years ago

A 10 in 22 day pass would probably be the best for this, if you want to take it at an easy pace.

Some things to remember:

The pass isnt valid in the UK so youd have to make your own way to the continent.
The best route is Paris - Munich - Zagreb - Sarajevo, although it involves some trains with suppliments (an extra on top of the InterRail ticket for fast/overnight trains)
Of course with the IR ticket you can make more stops and see more of Europe - Id recommend Ljubljana especially, as well as the Montenegran coast (Kotor...)
If you can catch the train from Sarajevo to Mostar do, it has fantastic scenery and Mostar has the most amazing history

Hope you have a fun time travelling, and if theres anything else we can help with just ask

Simon