Userpic

Pwnz0rdude
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 14 years ago

hello interrailers :)

me and three friends is talking about interrailin' in july 2010. at that time, im 15 years old. will my age become a problem because im not travelling with anybody over 18? (17-yr, 17-yr mates). ofcourse im equipped with my interrail ticket, passport and european health insurance card.

regards
jonathan

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

hej Jonathan...
it depends of the countries - generally you need someone adult with your group who is responsible for the minors.
but as long as nothing happens and no one asks, it is okay. you might get in trouble crossing borders when there is a border check - especially leaving European Union countries.
often hostels do not accept travellers or groups of travellers which are minor and do not have at least one responsible adult with them.
better to have someone aged 18 with you.
Peter :)

Userpic

iSunny
Traveller
5 comments

replied 14 years ago

I'm 15 now and at the time that I'm gonna go on interrail this summer. Going with my 2 friends who are 15-16. I'm worried about the same thing. Do you guys know what's the system with flights? We are probably gonna fly back home from Spain, Portugal or Italy. I think we will stay in the EU countries.

So is it really necessary to have an adult with you? Can't survive without any problems?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi Sunny ...
if you want to fly with an European passport within the EU, you will need a paper where is written on it that you are allowed by your parents to do even not being adult.
ask the company you are flying with - they will give you the details.
have fun, Peter :)

Userpic

iSunny
Traveller
5 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks Peter.

Do I have to have the flight booked before? Or can I just go to the airport and buy the flight and show the paper which shows my parents' permission? Can I print this paper/form from somewhere? From the website of some airline? Or do I just have to write it myself with my parents?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

first you have to check the airline you want to use.
book your flight some weeks in advance otherwise the flight will be extremely expensive if you buy it directly at the airport!!!

Userpic

iSunny
Traveller
5 comments

replied 14 years ago

Ok thanks :)

Userpic

aliciaaa
Traveller
1 comments

replied 14 years ago

hey,

i have the same problem. me and a friend are planning on interrail-ing this summer. my friend's 18 but i'll still be 2 months away from my 18th birthday. since my friend is 18, should there be any complications considering the friend isn't a parent or anything?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi Alicia ...
then you won't have a problem. your parents only have to write a short notice and sign it saying: your friend is responsible for you during your tour of Europe. that's it.