Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hi,
I have booked a flexi global pass (5 days travel within 10 days) between the 5th and 14th of September, however changing circumstances have meant that the period I am available to travel is now between the 6th and the 15th. Does this matter? By this I mean does the pass only come into effect once I use my 1st travel day? Or is the validity period 5th-14th very strict. If so, is it possible to change the start date to one day later?

Thanks,
Anthony

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi Anthony...
The period your ticket is valid is strict.
You can change the validity period but you have to pay therefore - in most cases 20% of the ticket price. So I think it isn't worth to do ...
Peter :)

Userpic

Simon12321
Traveller
1 comments

replied 14 years ago

How would you change the validity period? Otherwise it would cost me more than 20% of the ticket price

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks Peter,
what is the cheapest and easiest way of changing validity dates? and how do i go about doing this? As it may be my cheapest option, especially if it is slightly less than 20%.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 14 years ago

okay... :)
you have to contact the ticket office, the place where you bought it. send them an email or phone them and tell that you want to send you ticket back to get a new one. this has to be done before the first day your ticket starts.
a phone number and email should be on the receipt or order conformation.
if you ordered via [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] , let me know. then I can give you the details as well by PM. :)

@Simon12321: the same for you. :)