Userpic

milivoje
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 14 years ago

Hello,

I am now at Barcelona and I plan to leave today, but obviously I didn't plan it well. My interrail expires 5th August, actually until midnight, and I have to be back to Croatia until that time.

Please, can you give me recommendation which route to take from Barcelona, is it faster to go to France or to go trough Italy, because Italy is quite close with Croatia.

Thanks for soon response I appreciate if you can introduce me with outlines how my comeback should look like, until than I will search too for fastest and easiest option.
Now I just neeeeed expert's opinion.

Thanks in advance..

Follow this topic
Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 14 years ago

There are lots of ways to do this:

Barcelona Sants 1716 - Cerbere 2000 (Regional Train)
Cerbere 2042 - Strasbourg 0834 (Night train, make the reservation/suppliment in Barcelona before you leave
Strasbourg 0945 - Stuttgart 1103 (TGV, try to make the reservation/suppliment in Barcelona, but you might have to do it in Strasbourg)
Stuttgart 1158 - Villach 1843 (EC, I dont think there is a suppliment)
Villach 1927 - Zagreb 2324 (Schnellzug)

or

Barcelona Franca 0845 - Montpellier 1322 (Talgo, suppliment)
Montpeliier 1356 - Geneva 1735 (TGV, suppliment)
Geneva 1845 - Zurich 2128 (IC)
Zurich 2140 - Zagreb 1034 (EN, suppliment)

etc

Userpic

milivoje
Traveller
1 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks a lot for soon response, I am not too good in using [ux]https://rail.shop/bahn[/ux] and planing it.. thanks once more..

Just one additional question :) , this lines are going on every day? I suppose, so I might go gambling and take this one to Montpelier tomorrow morning..

But I think however this option from Barcelona sants today is good one..

Cheers

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 14 years ago

I think they go every day, but best to try to get the reservations as soon as possible in case the trains fill up