Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

Posted 15 years ago

[b]KRAKOW - BUDAPEST | night train (EN 477)[/b]
Information for Interrail, Eurail travellers and persons with normal train ticket travelling by overnight train from Krakow (Poland) to Budapest (Hungary).

Direct and daily night train available from Krakow to Budapest. A compartment is recommended for this night train.

[b]More information, schedules, prices and photos on railcc.[/b]
[b]Krakow - Budapest[/b]: [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/krakow-to-budapest[/u]
[b]Budapest - Krakow[/b]: [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/budapest-to-krakow[/u]

[b]Older information:[/b]

[b]Timetable[/b]
Direct train is running only May to September!
[b]Krakow Glowny[/b] Dep: 2211
[b]Bratislava hl.st.[/b] Arr: 0553
[b]Budapest-Keleti pu[/b] Arr: 0832

[b]Compartment recommended![/b]

[b]Sleeper - SINGLE | 1-bed-compartment[/b] (only 1st class)
Rail pass fare: EUR 49
Standard fare: EUR 99

[b]Sleeper - DOUBLE | 2-bed-compartment[/b]
Rail pass fare: EUR 21
Standard fare: EUR 49

[b]Sleeper - TRIPLE T3 | 3-bed-compartment[/b]
Rail pass fare: EUR 14
Standard fare: EUR 45

[b]Couchette | 4-bed compartment[/b]
Rail pass fare: EUR 14
Standard fare: EUR 43

[b]Couchette | 6-bed compartment[/b]
Rail pass fare: EUR 9,40
Standard fare: EUR 39

The prices without IR are SparNight, non-refundable and bound to specified train. If SparNight tickets are sold out, you can buy a normal full-flexible ticket (75,40 € one-way, 90,40 € return) plus the sleeper or couchette supplement (the price is same as with IR)
There is no direct seat car from Budapest to Kraków, but you can use a seat car Budapest-Warszawa. In Bohumín (about 2:00-3:00 AM) the train changes cars with another train Silesia from Prague to Kraków and you can step over to seat car Prague-Kraków there.

[b]Update: Nov 2016[/b]

Follow this topic
Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2469 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info.

I will have an IR ticket. Can you tell me how I go about booking a compartment on the train? Can I do it online or will I wait 'til i get to the train station.

Thanks,

Glenn

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi Glenn.

You can't book this train online:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation[/u]

Do it at a station - it depends on where you travel before. If you cross for example Germany, ask there at a big station for the supplement for this train - should be possible. As well in the Netherlands, Austria, Czech Rep, ...

Have a sunny trip, Peter :)

Userpic

mtyyeh
Traveller
2 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hello,
I just posted a similar question in the forum on the PRAGUE-KRAKOW night train, sorry if it is repetitious.

I hope to take this night train on July 14, 2010, without a rail pass. Can this ticket be bought at the train station in Barcelona?
Also I am wondering about the risk of the train selling out. If I arrive in Barcelona on June 30 (and am able to get to the train station that day), should that be far enough in advance to secure 2 tickets/reservations in a 2-berth compartment?

It also appears there is another night train option, which departs at Krakow 22:39 and arrives Budapest at 09:12. Is this correct?

Thank you for any advice!
Michelle

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi Michelle!

Like I've already said in the other thread:
Honestly, I am really sure that you get a ticket for that train in Barcelona Sants without problems...but I cant tell 100%. :| Maybe it is better to try along your way to Praha, for instance somewhere in Switzerland or Germany.

You are right about the other night train:

D 1381
Krakow Glowny 2239 - 0912 Budapest Keleti
Running daily until Sep 3 (incl)

Flo 8)

Userpic

jaredhorn
Traveller
1 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi, I am just looking for some advice about this night train. Me and 7 friends will be looking at getting this train on the 16th july over night. What is the best way to go about purchasing tickets? And how much will both the sleeper and train ticket cost for 8 of us? We will want to stay in the cheapest section of the train.
Thanks, Jared

Userpic

jessandmay
Traveller
1 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi,
I will be in Krakow late september and looking to travel to Budapest, we were planning on getting the night train but I see above that only runs to september 2nd? Does anyone know if there is another night train that runs after this period? Or a day train?

Any info appreciated

Thanks

Jess

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi Jess.
Just follow the link given above UPDATE. There you will find the up to date information.
A day train connection and as well the night train, running now all year long:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/train/krakow-to-budapest[/u]
Peter :)