Userpic

clarkey1988
Traveller
6 comments

Posted 15 years ago

I intend to spend a few days either side of my Interrail timeframe in Amsterdam and was just wondering if anyone can recommend any cheap yet suitable hostels/campsites that would be worthy of having at a look at.

Also, i have heard that Amsterdam is quite an expensive place to stay, so are there any places just outside Amsterdam that would be cheap to get to via bus/train that wouldn't mean me using my Interrail pass?

Thanks x

Follow this topic
Userpic

hedgehogs123
Traveller
113 comments

replied 15 years ago

I'll be in Amsterdam on the 18th August and will be staying at this campsite should be good I belive it is one that is featured on here quite alot, all though I cant find the specific post again. It is very easy to get to from Amsterdam Central Station about 15 mins on a tram and short walk over a bridge.
Have a look at [u]http://www.campingzeeburg.nl/index.php?page=home-english[/u]

And yes it is quite expensive, some of my partners family just came back from a week there and has said it's very expensive...

Ian

Userpic

clarkey1988
Traveller
6 comments

replied 15 years ago

Might see you in Amsterdam then ;)

Travelling just oustide of the major cities to look for a campsite/accomodation etc. Is that what you would recommend doing in the costlier cities?

Also, due to the fact that i will not start using my Interrail ticket until the 22nd, is it cheap to get around Amsterdam via trams, buses, trains etc, and too and from the out-of-city-campsites?

Cheers :P